Jeff Ifrah, JD
Ever since the debut of Bitcoin, Ifrah Law has been at the forefront of the cryptocurrency movement, counseling companies on the best ways to utilize the digital revolution of blockchain in their own business models.
Ifrah’s attorneys have always been trailblazers, and our ability to brainstorm ways to leverage this concept of a decentralized peer-to-peer network has long been a valued asset to our clients. Representing pioneers in the interactive entertainment and financial services industries, we have accumulated deep experience shaping programs for companies to enhance their products and their bottom line while staying within the bounds of the still-evolving regulatory landscape.
Ifrah Law’s prime positioning at the intersection of finance, technology, and government regulation enables us to effectively counsel companies on the cutting edge of cryptocurrency:
- We advise companies like ConsenSys, the for-profit arm of Ethereum, on ways to take advantage of blockchain platforms while remaining compliant with pertinent regulations, both domestically and abroad.
- We have advised clients concerning ICOs (initial coin offerings) with valuations in the tens of millions of dollars for such companies as Unikrn, ConsenSys, Joy Gaming, and FunFair.
- We represent a new cryptocurrency exchange platform, supporting them in all their startup needs such as setting up money service business and other licenses and drafting policies and procedures.
- We are working with numerous companies in industries spanning philanthropy to transportation, advising on the possibility of issuing an ICO and other ways to utilize the blockchain to achieve their business goals.
- We counsel clients on cryptocurrency issues such as payment and licensing, consumer protection requirements, and data privacy, with special attention to the growing scrutiny of digital currencies by state attorneys general and federal agencies like the SEC, CFTC and FTC.
- We draft internal policies to ensure corporate compliance with anti-money laundering laws, banking and securities regulations, and international requirements.